You may not realize it, but we are constantly engaged in subconscious acts of investment planning. We plan how best to invest limited time at our disposal - would the 2-hours we have be best spent visiting a friend at the hospital, or going to the opera? We also do longer-term planning: does it pay to invest the effort in studying for a degree in Arts, or would we get a better return studying to pass the Bar exam?
So, why don’t we invest the time considering and planning our financial investments?
The importance of investment management
No matter how many thousands of dollars to invest you have, simply taking the time deciding where to “park” the money until you need can and should be a rewarding investment planning exercise.
The rate at which your investments grow, the inherent risk you accept, and the costs of investing are all important aspects of a good investment plan. In the absence of such a plan, your financial future is likely in jeopardy. Investment management is the ongoing application of your financial and investment plans
What we can do for you
Our investment planning service is based on these simple facts: market timing does not work, it is not a good strategy. Creating and preserving wealth needs diversification, thus you should focus on the long-term, and don’t let short-term diversions distract you. Investing is about more than just making money – it’s also about helping you achieve your financial goals, which requires frequent reviews and tuning.
Our investment planning process covers:
- Understanding your financial goals: Through an intense yet structured process of getting to know you, we’ll understand what your financial goals are, and help you prioritize some of the most pressing short, medium and long-term financial objectives you’d like to accomplish.
- Analyze a point-in-time snapshot: Then we analyze where you are today, in terms of your savings and current investment portfolio. Sometimes, this phase of our review results in actionable steps that can immediately benefit you – like cutting your losses in a sinking investment, or leveraging some profit-harvesting and tax-selling opportunities in highly successful ones.
- Proposing an investment strategy: With that information in hand, we can draw-up comprehensive personalized investment strategies that will help you reach your financial objectives. This may be accomplished by building upon your existing portfolio, or proposing a set of cost-effective, tax-efficient, age-appropriate, risk-averse investments that are aligned with your personal financial goals.
- Implementing the plan: Our investment planning approach is dynamic, and constantly evolves with your changing circumstances. We’ll guide and advise you on investment plan transitions as you go through life and life-style changes.
- Watching over your investments: We’ll monitor and review your investments, plans and strategies in light of changing investment climates.
- Consult, advise and counsel: Ours is an ongoing partnership. Throughout our relationship with you, we’ll keep you informed, and communicate constantly with you about proposed changes and potential risks or opportunities for your investments.